Monday, August 15, 2011

Lobster Dishes and Dessert Dishes

I never have much luck at Value Village on the weekend -  not much new merchandise seems to be brought out, not when I'm ever there anyway!  I ran in quickly yesterday and actually came out with three items - according to the tags, all three have been sitting on the shelves for a few days.  I don't really know why anybody would have passed by these dessert or sherbet dishes(whatever you want to call them)  - they're in perfect shape - made by Federal glass -what a great deal -  the price was $2.99 for 4 - I just saw an avocado set of 4 online  for $29. 


The seafood theme took over on my other two purchases - got this great old tin tray with not a scratch - also for $2.99 - it's made in Hong Kong - which means it's not new at all!  This other cute little dish is just the right size for odds and ends - it comes from my homeland - Canada's East Coast - made in England - paid $1.99. 



Join everyone at Her Library Adventures for more tales of thrifting.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the tray. Does this mean you'll have to shell out for a lobster feast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sherbet/dessert dishes an icecream sundae would look great in there!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That how to eat a lobster tray is just awesome! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Federal sherbet dishes! I think my mom used to have some like that. The lobster tray is cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sherbert dishes and you got a great deal on them!

    ReplyDelete