Monday, February 24, 2014

Easter, St.Patrick's & Halloween

I covered a few occasions in that title, didn't I?  We went away on an overnight trip this past weekend, of course, that involves checking out a couple of local thrifts and also two antique markets - I didn't get anything big but what I did buy makes me really happy!!  It was a fun mini trip, the only bad thing, my iPhone fell down the stairs on Friday and it's kaput, I need a new one ASAP!!  I'm only glad I have my iPad!!!  It's really sad how dependent we are on these devices, and I'm not ashamed to say, that includes me!!


For some reason lately,  I am loving these old honeycomb decorations - I bought three at one of the markets, they were 20% off so I paid next to nothing.  One is made in Denmark, one in US and one in Japan, they all came in the original bag too.  How cute are these??





I had these little Lefton pixies picked up, put them back down and then picked them back again, I'm glad I came to my senses - they'll look cute next to the honeycomb!  They were a thrift purchase.

I have been so jealous when I read about the Halloween Beistle die cut decorations, no more  - I have one of my own!!!


Joining today with Thriftasaurus ,  The Nifty Thrifty and We Call it Junkin

17 comments:

  1. I can never pass up a pixie! And I love all of the holiday decor you found. My mother in law has a few of those honeycomb things. Have a fun week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never, ever pass up a pixie is my motto! What cute honeycomb decorations. They are getting harder and harder to come by!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds as always Jill! I love the honeycomb decorations!! Wish I could find some around here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been doing some downsizing, but I must admit I do love pixies! Cute items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds. Love the Halloween! Surprised it was for sale this time of year. Lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You beat me at a holiday! I have zero St. Patricks decorations. I'm always looking but just haven't had any luck. Love those pixies!!

    ~Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do the same thing as you did with the Pixies; put them in the cart and walk around with them for a while. If I love them at the time to check out, they come home! Cute with or without the honeycomb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all so sweet, just love the honeycomb myself. Pixies are hard to resist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute. I had many of them raising my family but time took it's toll on them. They just make you feel so good.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jill! Everything is so darling, you lucky! I love honeycomb too. Green with envy over here ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Lefton pixies, they are going to look wonderful with your St Pat's honeycomb leprechaun. I am a thrifter too, I keep telling my husband that it is the thrill of the hunt. He has even started to go thrifting with me once and awhile. I signed up as a member today. I am looking forward to seeing more of your thrifty finds. Have a wonderful week..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you! I love everything of course! The pixies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great finds! I love the honeycombs too!! They're so pretty!! xo Holly

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your finds! Now I am wanting some honeycomb decorations and I love the pixies. I think I need some. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry about your iphone, may she (or he?) rest in peace. I love the vintage honeycomb decorations too. sometimes you can find new ones at the dollar store depending on the holiday. I came across a huge grab bag at value village filled with vintage Halloween cut outs and honeycomb. Ive been looking at easter ones online, but theyre not cheap enough!:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, that's a bummer about your iPhone, I'd be lost without mine! LOVE your finds, so cute! Thank you for sharing this at my History & Home link party, take care. Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You found some really sweet things. Too bad about your phone. All this technology brings with it so much responsibility. When we go on a trip now, I have to guard iPads, cell phones and other assorted expensive items!

    ReplyDelete